Monday, May 22, 2017

Karen Wolfe - "Ain't No Right Way to Do Wrong"

Karen Wolfe always, always keeps it real. There is something deeply moving about this very beautiful song, I don't know, I think it's because I can feel her pain as she sings.  She's in a relationship with a married man and her conscience has been eating away at her.  She starts the song by calling her boyfriend to tell him that she can't keep doing what they're doing.  She knows it's wrong and she finally realizes that there's no right way to do wrong.  Have you ever been the other woman or the other man?

Here are her lyrics...

I try not to call when I know you're with her
I don't speak when I see you together
I can't look you in your face
Trying to figure out my place
Oh it's hard being number two
I'm so tired of being all alone
I know when you'll get by yourself you'll call my phone

Chorus
I think I've finally realized there ain't no right way to do wrong
My conscience trying to take control of me
Won't let it-won't let it-won't let it-won't let it

I've been fooling myself all this time
Thinking one day you gonna be all mine
But you ain't going nowhere
You'll lie to keep me there
What a fool I've been for you
You've got two kids and a home
Now you are there with her and I'm all alone

Chorus
I think I've finally realized there ain't no right way to do wrong
My conscience trying to take control of me
Won't let it-won't let it-won't let it-won't let it

I tried my best to get over you, yes I did
Sometimes, sometimes, sometimes
Love takes control of you

You must think that I'm a fool
Trying to run your game and that ain't cool
You want to have your two or three
And trying to make a fool of me
And that's the reason why I'm singing this song
You may as well make it right at home
Cause this ain't worth my time
So you might as well go on

Chorus
I think I finally realized there ain't no right way to do wrong
My conscience trying to take control of me...

Simply beautiful...
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook: SouthernSoul Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??