Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Karen Wolfe - "One Good Man"

I adore Karen Wolfe and love this song from her 2009 album titled A Woman Needs A Strong Man. In "One Good Man," Karen says that she just wants one good man - they can't all be taken!  She wants someone to love her just for who she is.  Amen.

It's been awhile since I've listened to the lyrics of a song and written them down.

I'm sitting here alone at home
And all is not well
I’ve got a little story that I've just got to tell
You see I’ve had my share of lovers
In and out of town
They all got my hopes up
Then they let me back down
Every time I need someone
It’s always the same
I’m tired of going in circles
And I’m tired, I’m tired of playing games

Chorus
I just want one good man
That’s all I want, that’s all I want
That’s all I need
I just want one good man
Someone to love me just for me

They say all of the good men are already taken
But just to think of that being true
It’s got my heart breaking
But I’m not going to give up, no
There’s got to be somebody for myself
I know deep down inside
There’s got to be one good man left
But every time I meet someone
It’s always the same
I’m tired of going in circles
And I’m tired, I'm tired of playing games

Chorus

Now I’m not trying, I’m not trying to play the field
All I’m just trying, I’m trying to keep it real
You see I don’t need Tommy, Billy, Jimmy or Dan
All I need, all I need ya’ll is just one real good man
Someone to be there for me
To step up to the table
And when I need real good love
Someone who’s always able

Chorus

Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com