Monday, August 10, 2015

The Legends & Heavy Hitters of Soul - Wilson Meadows

The Legends & Heavy Hitters of Soul show was held at the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, on August 1.  It featured Nellie 'Tiger' Travis, Clarence Carter, Latimore, Wilson Meadows, and Millie Jackson.  I love southern soul shows and was thankful to have the opportunity to attend one in the DC/MD/VA area. 

I’ve missed seeing Wilson Meadows perform on a few occasions and wow, I finally saw that night what I had been missing.  He is a great performer, had great backup singers, and has an awesome voice!  I could tell that this northern crowd wasn’t that familiar with his music but he sang his heart out and the man was really good. I think I'm in love! lol

Wilson started his set with Lavert’s Cassanova.  He then moved into Teddy Pendergrass’ When Somebody Loves You Back and then sang many of his hits: I Want to Get Witchu, Thank You Baby, It Is What It Is, Just Like I Promised, and ended with his signature song – Still My Love. My only criticism is that I wanted to hear some of his latest hits like Personal Matter, Can You Hang, Tighten Up, or his current southern soul hit, Sweet It Be.  No matter, he is a great performer and I want to see him again!!

XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com