Sunday, March 30, 2014

Omar Cunningham - "Check To Check"

Now I know that just about everyone can relate to this song.  Omar is struggling like all the rest of us and is just barely making it check to check.  "Check To Check" was released back in 2003 on his "Hell In The House" CD.  This verse is my favorite:

Sometimes my pockets be empty and I just don’t know where I’m going to turn
Lights, water, and gas are necessities
But I’m busting my butt trying to get groceries
Soon as I get money it leaves my hand
Tired of wrapping up pennies and picking up cans
Cause what I ain’t got, you sure can’t get
I’m trying my best cause I’m just making it check to check

I'm trying my best cause I'm just making it check to check!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com
@ssoulparadise