Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ronnie Lovejoy - "Cheating On Me"

Ronnie was suspicious of a lot of things that were going on in his house and he knew his woman was cheating on him.  I think she was pretty bold and did him so wrong but he seemed to get great joy out of getting revenge. Now, I don't think two wrongs make a right, but they say all is fair in love and war.  Always trust your instincts!!

I was coming home from work one day
And as I walked up to my front door
A man walked out of my house
A man I never seen before

He just smiled at me and kept on going
I really didn’t understand
So I asked my baby, I said honey, who was that
She said oh that’s just the insurance man

It’s just something that I’m feeling
And the feeling won’t let me be
And I know the feeling is real
Oh I believe my baby’s cheating on me

So I went on to sleep that night
But I woke up early, went to the kitchen for a drink
When I got to the kitchen ya’ll the back door closed
And my woman, she was standing by the sink
I know I wasn’t crazy, something was going on
And it was really getting out of hand
So I asked my baby who just walked out the door
She said oh that’s just the cable tv man

It’s just something that I feel
And the feeling won’t let me be
I believe I’m getting a raw deal
I believe my baby’s cheating on me

So my woman went to visit her mother far away
And I surprised her when she walked in
She saw a woman eating popcorn and watching tv
On the sofa in the den
She raised so much hell till her wig fell off
I laughed so hard I just couldn’t hold it in
Then she turned around and asked me
She said Ronnie, I want to know who’s that woman
I said the Avon lady and by the way, she'll be moving in

It’s just something that she can feel
I know it’s something that she can see
All the time she was giving me a raw deal

I knew the girl was cheating on me

She raised so much hell that her wig fell off!
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com