Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Little Milton - "Room 244"

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to see Little Milton in concert the year before he passed.  I am so thankful that I got to see him perform and what a show!  He was a crowd pleaser and sang many of his greatest hits.  Here's one of his songs from back in the day. In "Room 244," he leaves his wife at home and meets his girlfriend at the same hotel that they always go to; they always stay in the same hotel room.  He admits that they never meant for their love to grow so strong but they're in so deep and they just can't leave each other alone.  Sounds like someone in this love triangle is going to get hurt!

I’m sorry darling that I’m a little bit late
But you see it wasn’t easy for me this time
For me to just slip away
She wanted a little of my time
And that’s why I had to stay
When you’re out here stealing love like we are
That’s the price you sometimes pay
So here’s the key, you know the floor
It’s the same old room we’ve used many times before
Put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door
We’re gonna make sweet, sweet love baby
In room 244, room 244

Now we never really meant for our love to grow strong, oh no
But we’re in so deep now baby
Oh we just can’t leave each other alone
So make yourself comfortable baby
While I let the desk clerk know
No, we don’t want to be disturbed
And we sure don’t want to hear no telephone

So let me hold you in my arms
Like I never held you before
We’re gonna make love slow and easy honey
Oh baby, in room 244, oh baby, room 244

I wish we had more time
Cause your love really blows my mind
And oh I wish that I was free
To plan a future for you and me
Now I know this might be wrong
But girl I just can’t leave your love alone
As sure as there are stars above
You know we can’t deny our love

So let me hold you in my arms
Like I never, never held you before
We’re gonna make love slow and easy honey
Oh baby, in room 244, oh girl, room 244

Here we are baby, in room 244, it’s the same, same old place
That we’ve been so many times before…

Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com