Sunday, February 24, 2013

Facts of Life - "Caught In The Act (Of Getting It On)"

Do you remember this from the mid 70s?  It was a great song and brings back memories.  You don't hear it that much and it was a treat to hear it played on the radio.  It's a story of two married people who got caught.  It's interesting, they let each other know that they've got each other's backs.  No matter what's going to happen, it was worth it for them.  Wow.

Get dressed baby I’m afraid we’re caught
Your husband is here and somebody must have tipped him off
He’s waiting in the lobby with tears in his eyes
And not there alone, no no no, my wife is by his side
Whatever goes down I’m with you all the way
But baby it’s the consequence I know we’ll have to pay

Chorus
We’re caught in the act of getting it on
We tried our best to fight it but no we weren’t that strong
Caught in the act of getting it on
We just couldn’t leave each other alone

Could it be we were followed the minute we left the house
They could have given the bellboy five dollars and he sold us out
My only regret is that they didn’t wait a little longer
We were in the midst of heaven when hell broke in on us

It’s an ugly situation, this I’ve got to say
But it’s worth the price I know we’ll have to pay

Chorus

Well, whatever goes down, girl I’m with you all the way
But baby it’s the consequence I know we’ll have to pay

Chorus

Enjoy!!
XXOOX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com