Saturday, January 26, 2013

T. K. Soul - "Where Jody Stay"

This was the first T.K. Soul song that I had ever heard and I've been in love with him ever since.  The song is a classic.  This man had a funny feeling that something was going wrong and that his wife was doing wrong.  So, he goes around town asking people if they can tell him where Jodie stays because he's looking for his baby.  He asks if they can tell him where Jodie lives; he's looking for his wife. Everyone tells him to go to his friend's house - his long-time friend of 20 years. He knocks on the door and feels like a fool but he tells him know that he's looking for his wife.  The friend tries to play it off but T.K. tells the guy that this is where everyone says she is.  The friend tells him that she'll show up sooner or later and he should go on home.  Wow. Wouldn't you know, she walks out of the bedroom. That is messed up.  So sad but a really beautiful song.
Can you tell me where Jodie stays, I'm looking for my baby
Can you tell me where Jodie lives, I'm looking for my wife
A masterpiece!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com