Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Facts of Life - "Sometimes"

Temptation.  That's what I think when I hear this southern soul song. These two people have a definite attraction to one another even though they are married to someone else.  But you know how it is after you've been married awhile - the glow seems to kind of fade a little and the passion goes away.  You start wondering if you're really happy, you feel a need to do something different, and you may even think about cheating.  That's what these two are going through but it doesn't seem as if they're going to follow through on their desires. Good for them!!!

BTW, according to Wikipedia, the group Facts of Life was formed and produced by Millie Jackson and one of the members was Jean Davis, the sister of Tyrone Davis.  Hey, you learn something new every day.

Hello baby, are you married?
Sometimes
And tell me, are you really really happy?
Yes, sometimes
But sometimes I feel like I’ve just got to get away
From that same old existence, day after day
Oh haven’t you ever felt that way
Sometimes

Now I can see that you’re married, don’t you love her?
Sometimes
But you have thought about cheating, haven’t you?
Yes, sometimes
But sometimes I long for a warm and tender kiss
Just to see if there’s anything I might have missed
Oh haven’t you ever felt like this?
Yes, sometimes

And it’s beginning to feel like
Like this might be one, one, one of those sometimes
Those one time, in a lifetime, sometimes

I’m aching to hold you, kiss and console you
Drive you right out of your mind
But I know if we do, I won’t get over you
For quite sometime
I won’t do it, I won’t do it, I won’t do it, baby
But I know if we do
I just might not get over you for quite sometime
Oh, haven't you ever felt like this?  Sometimes...
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com