Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Peggy Scott Adams - "Cleaning House"

Peggy says that as fine as her man may be, it's not worth it for her to put up with his dirt.  Can you blame her?

Chorus
I’m cleaning house, I’m throwing out this dirty man
Girls, I’m cleaning house, I’m throwing out this dirty man

A woman has got to be strong
When her man is weak
You throw away a queen he’s got at home
For some tramp in the streets
Phone numbers falling from his pockets
Lipstick's on his shirts
I’m drawing the line this time I’m gonna stop it
I’m taking no more dirt
I’m sweeping the floors and I’m keeping them spic and span
And what I can’t use I’m throwing in the garbage can

Chorus

No respect is all that I get from this dirty man
I’ve done without things that I need
For as long as I can
He thinks that I am totally stupid and I can’t let him go
His bags are packed this time I’m gonna fool him
I’m changing the locks on the doors
I thought it would hurt but I feel no pain
I’ve wasted a lot of clean water on this dirty man

Chorus

I’m sweeping the floors and I’m keeping them spic and span
And what I can’t use I’m throwing in the garbage can

Chorus

He’s the dirtiest man I’ve ever seen
He makes Dirty Harry look like Mr. Clean

Chorus

Just like Mary the cleaning lady I’m throwing out everything that’s shady
I'm cleaning house - I'm throwing out this dirty man!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com