Saturday, October 20, 2012

Simone de - "I Can't Take It No More"

Simone de tells the story of a man who has been hurt so much that he can't take it anymore.  He got tired of his wife cheating on him, coming home late at night, and lying to him.  He has shed a lot of tears and he's in so much pain.  Oh Simone de - I feel for you!  This is a beautiful song of a man who has been struggling because he clearly loves his wife but she's pushed him too far and that's it. He's looking for a day when he can hold his head up and let the sun shine his way. A beautiful southern soul song.  It was released a few years ago but it is as wonderful now as it was then.

Baby if you see me
Standing in the rain, heart bleeding, a whole lot of pain
Standing there trying to hide my shame
The tears are falling, falling just like the rain
I’ve been hurt one time, two times
Oh I can’t be hurt no more
I’m so tired baby you just don’t know
There is something oh I have to tell you
I really think, I really think you need to know

I can’t take it no more, oh all these empty promises
You wouldn’t be true to me
I’ve got to let you go
I can’t take it no more, oh all your lying
It hurt me so bad, sometimes I feel like dying
I can’t take it no more
Oh, all your cheating, time after time after time after tune
You end up repeating

I can’t take it no more, no you coming home late at night
While I’m lying in bed, wondering if everything is alright
I’ve been hurt one time, two times
Oh I can’t be hurt no more
I’m so tired, baby you just don’t know

There is something, oh I have to tell you
I really think, I really think baby you need to know
I don’t want you no more oh you can be on your way
I’m not standing, not standing in the rain another day

I keep looking, looking, looking oh for a brighter day
When I can hold my head up, let the sun shine my way
I don’t want, no, another sad song
That’s the last time you’ll ever do me wrong
So I’m leaving, leaving, oh I’ve got to go
You better take your last look at me
Before I walk out the door
I can’t take it no more, no, no, the heartaches

I’m packing up, soon to be on my way
No, no sad songs
That’s the last, the last time you’ll ever do me wrong

I can’t take it no more, no, no, those promises
You wouldn’t be true to me
I’ve got to let you go

You're an awesome artist Simone de! 
Keep recording great music for the world!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com