Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shirley Brown - "Too Much Candy"

Shirley's saying what a whole lot of women have felt before.  You know how it is.  You do all that you can for your man, you give him everything, and then you wonder why that isn't enough.  Do we give too much?  I don't think so.  I think that men - and women - sometimes let all of those good things go to our heads and we can't see what's right in front of us.  We get too much of a good thing and we just don't know how to act.  In "Too Much Candy," Shirley says that she gives her guy every possible thing (like 16 flavors) and there's no reason for him to have a one night stand.  She tells him that she knows he's been sneaking around and that he needs to make up his mind - he can't have his cake and eat it too.  Tell it girl, tell it.

Chorus
Too much candy sure ain’t good for you
You’ve got sweet loving at home
So leave them outside women alone
Repeat

Baby your love is so bitter sweet
You love me so good baby then you treat me so mean
I give you good lovin like nobody else can
There ain’t no reason for your one night stand
You’ve been sneaking with a woman on the side
But if you want my love baby
You’ve got to make up your mind

Chorus

You’re like a baby in a candy store
The more love I give you the more love you want
I’ve done everything I know to please you
But you can’t have your cake baby and eat it too
You’ve been sneaking with a woman on the side
But if you want my love you’ve got to make up your mind

Chorus

You better check yourself
Before you wreck yourself
Repeat 3X

Too much candy sure ain’t good for you
Repeat 3X

You see I’ve got all your sweet candy
Guaranteed to please
I’ve got 16 different flavors
So tell me what more do you need
Too much candy sure ain't good for you!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise