Monday, April 2, 2012

Sir Charles Jones and Reggie P - "P's and Q's"

Here's another great duo - Sir Charles Jones and Reggie P.  Don't they sound great together!  This song tells the fellas that you have to do all the right things; you've got to love her every day and in every way. I love the line where Sir Charles says "Reggie P, can you school a young brother?"  Shows mad respect between these guys. 

Reggie P, a young man came up to me the other day
You wouldn’t believe what he had to say
He said how the ladies love you and Reggie P the way they do
In that special kind of way
He said even my old lady tells me
I need to do like Sir Charles and Reggie P
He said how do you think that makes me feel
I sat him down and I settled...

Chorus
Got to be on your P’s and Q’s
Got to love her every day
Got to be on your P’s and Q’s
Got to love her in every way

Got to be on your P’s and Q’s
Got to love her every day
Got to be on your P’s and Q’s
Love her in every way

You’ve got to value her opinion
You’ve got to take her everywhere
It’s the little little bitty things
You’ve got to show her you care
You’ve got to show her some affection
Every day and every night
Gotta show her your love
Gotta treat your woman right
Gotta give her a lot of love

Chorus

You got to learn how to make love to that woman
You’ve got to fulfill her sexual needs
And don’t be ashamed to go down low
Kiss her from her head to her pretty toes
You’ve got to whup that thing, my brother
Or one day you’ll find her calling you somebody else‘s name

Chorus

You see Reggie P, I told the young brother
How to love so so right
I told him how to love her
And hold her so gently every day and every night

Chorus















I miss Reggie P's voice and energy and his music
continues to live forever.
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise