Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quinn Golden - "Dance Party"

I love this song by the late, great Quinn Golden.  It's something you want to hear when you go to the club, go to a house party, or while you're sitting at home listening to good music.  He had a smooth voice and both the melody and lyrics are great.  The man wants to take his lady out for dancing and to have a good time - what more could you want?

The party’s started, the dance floor is packed
Everybody in the club ain’t holding nothing back
I want to dance with you with all those sexy moves, baby

Cause it’s a dance party, dance party tonight

The dee jay‘s playing our favorite song
I want to dance with you baby, all night long
We’ll have a drink or two
And cut loose on the dance floor tonight

Chorus
Cause at the dance party, dance party tonight
Cause at the dance party, dance party tonight

Everybody’s here, feeling fine
Just like you and me, ain’t got a worry on their mind
Good good drinks and music
Got everybody in the place feeling alright

When the dee jay plays something soft and slow
That’s when I want to hold you close
You can let your hair down, get real loose
This is party time you do what you want to do

All week long, I’ve been waiting for this night with you
And I’m gonna do some steps, old and new
We’re just getting started, we’re going to keep on dancing till the morning light

I wanna hold you close and squeeze you tight and dance with you
I wanna hold you close and squeeze you tight and dance around with you
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com