Sunday, September 11, 2011

O. B. Buchana - "I Want Both of You"

I really love O.B. Buchana and enjoy listening to his music but "I Want Both of You" always gets to me.  It's one of those songs where I love the melody but I'm just not too crazy about the words.   I think it takes a lot of nerve for a man to tell his woman and his wife that he wants both of them.  I still say ladies, if you're in this situation, tell your man to make a decision; if it's not you, walk away and find someone who deserves you.  Here are some of the words:

Me and my woman was getting it on one night
When my wife came up and touched me
She had me dead to the right
I was so ashamed I could have fell through the floor
When I looked up and saw my wife standing in the door
I tried to come up with something to say
But seems like the words just wouldn’t come my way
All of a sudden I jumped up in the bed
And these are the words that came to my head

I want both of you
Yes I do
I want my wife and my woman too
I want both of you
Yes I do
I want to have my cake and eat it too

I know some of you’re saying that that can’t be real
But I got to express myself to let them know how I really feel
It would have sounded better to say something else
But all I would have been doing is just fooling myself
My wife looked at me like I was a fool
And the look my woman gave me, ya’ll it wasn’t so cool
But I told the both of them, you might as well get along
Cause I’m not gonna leave my woman
And I’m sure not gonna leave home
 
Sorry O.B., but ladies, walk away!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise
southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com