Sunday, September 11, 2011

J. Blackfoot - "Taxi"

This is a fantastic classic!  "Taxi" came out in the early '80s and this song is still as pretty now as it was then.  It's a lovely story about a man who is trying to get his girl back.  Touching words and a great voice to a beautiful song.  J. Blackfoot is a dynamic singer and sounds as good live as he does on his records.  Back in the day, he sang with the Barkays for awhile and was the lead singer with the Soul Children (and they had amazing hits).  He's still doing well all these years later.  (Check out "Mr. Bus Driver" on my September 15 post and "Just One Lifetime" on the August 14 one.)  "Taxi" will take you back and bring good memories to mind.  Always loved this song!!

Taxi, take me to the other side of town
Just as fast as you can
Taxi, before my lady puts me down
Please won’t you hurry
Can’t you see she's got me worried
I don’t want to lose her love
I don’t want to lose her
The cross town is too slow
Hitchhiking is a no no
She’s all I’m thinking of, all I’m thinking of
Taxi, I’ve got some patching up to do
Yes I have now
Taxi, like a fool I broke her heart in two
Sho’ didn’t mean to do it now
So start your meter running
And get your engine humming
I just want to see her
Just want to see her
Put the pedal to the medal
There’s this matter I’ve got to settle
I’ve deceived her and oh I know it grieves her

Taxi, take me to my baby’s place
Just as fast as you can
Taxi, don’t get me there too late
Sho’ don’t want to lose her
The freeway will be quicker
Her new love is coming to get her
I’m going out of mind
Going out of my mind
She’s my reason for living
And this is why I’m willing
To run red lights, stop signs
Just as long as I get there on time

Taxi, take me to the other side of town
Just as fast as you can
Taxi, before my lady puts me down
I don’t want to lose her love                                                             
Enjoy!!!!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise