Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Johnnie Taylor - "Just Because"

You ever hear a song that is so beautiful that it makes you want to cry?  Johnnie Taylor sings such an amazing love song with "Just Because" and his voice and the lyrics touch your heart.  This is truly a perfect song.  Johnnie says "I'm begging you, please, please stay."  Oh man.  And my heart melts when he says over and over - I love you, I love you, I love only you.  What else can he do or say?  Johnnie's just trying to tell his woman that they may go through some things but it's all going to be ok and that he loves her, through it all.  What would it take to make her want to stay?  Amazing!  Simply amazing.

Just because I raise a little sand
I might be tired lately, try to understand
That doesn’t mean that you’ve done something wrong
And just because when we have a little fight
And I walk out the door and stay gone all night
It doesn’t mean that I won’t be coming home.
I love you, I love you, what else can I do or say?
Honey, I love, I love you, oh I love you,
What would it take to make you want to stay?

Just because when sometimes you want to make love
Girl, I tell you not tonight, try to understand
I work hard all day, darling doing the best that I can
But if you want to go, it’s up to you
But I can tell you right now, my whole world is going to be misty blue
I’m begging you please, please, please, please stay.
Honey don’t you hear me
I love you, oh, I love you
What else can I do or say?
I love you, oh I love you I love you I love only you
What would it take to make you want to stay?
Oh I love you, I love you.


Awesome!!!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise