Friday, July 29, 2011

David Brinston - "Straighten Up and Fly Right"

David Brinston combines his sexy, kind of smoky voice with a strong, funky, southern soul beat and this song is awesome, simply awesome.  In fact, this entire album is great.  It contains songs such as "You're So Freak, Girl," "Party Till The Lights Go Out," "I Caught Ya," and others. The words to "Straighten Up" are simple but this is such an amazing song.  He knows he has a good woman and he's willing to do what it takes to keep her.  My favorite line is "the finest thing I ever had!"

Every time I see you
I get so emotional girl
It’s just the things you do
When I’m loving you
Girl I like being with you
There’s no other woman I like
Since I have met you girl
You know you walk right
You talk right
The things you do for me

I need to straighten up and fly right
Keep you in my life
I need to straighten up and act right
To keep you in my life

Go David Brinston!
Enjoy!!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise