Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lenny Williams - Cheatin' on the Cheatin'

You know Lenny Williams from the 70's classic R&B hit, Cause I Love You.  That song is as good today as it was back then.  But this song, Cheatin' on the Cheatin,' is definitely southern soul and it has a nice, catchy beat that will make you wanna move.  It's a song about a married guy who has a married girlfriend, and he's shocked that she would be cheating on him with her husband.  He has the nerve to say, "I can't believe you gave your husband what was mine."  Now, that's just wrong on so many levels....but I still love the song!  (smile)
Check out these words:
Oh baby, oh baby
You’ve been cheatin’ on me
We’ve been together for 13 long years
We had a lot of laughter
And we shed a few tears
You’ve got your husband girl and I’ve got my wife
But we promised to be true to each other for the rest of our lives

I met a man a few hours ago,
We shared some beers down by the liquor store
He got drunk and started talking about his love life
He said some things that made me feel like I was stuck with a knife.

You can probably figure out the rest of the story.  Listen to Lenny-Cause-I-Love-You-Williams!

Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise