Monday, March 21, 2011

Johnnie Taylor - Doing My Own Thing

This JT song is a classic and is towards the very top of my favorites list.  The music is incredible.  Although it's not a fast song, it makes me get up and move every single time I hear it.  I love it when he asks, "What's wrong with big fat Sally doing her own thing?"  Here are some of the words towards the end:
I want to tell you about a friend of mine
She was 92 years old
One thing I liked about her
She sure had a whole lot of soul
I said girl folks are talking about you
All in the neighborhood
They said all them young men you’ve got
They sure don’t mean you no good
She told me one thing
If I live to be 99
If young men kill me
You know what she told me
She said I sure don’t mind dying
(Yoohoooo, and this is where the heavy bass line comes in…)
That’s when I made up my mind, I made up my mind that same day
I was going to do my own thing
Give like I want to give
Go where I want to go
Play where I want to play
Love like I want to love
I’m doing my own thing
Doing my own thing…please don’t stop me…
Just got to do my own thing


Fabulous!!!!!!!
Enjoy!
XXOOXX
Southern Soul Paradise