Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Legendary Johnnie Taylor

Johnnie Taylor is my all-time favorite southern soul artist. I was forturnate to see him a couple of times and he was a class act. He demanded perfection and his orchestra was amazing. I love his music and I probably have more Johnnie Taylor songs on my iPod than any other artist. His music is timeless and I'm sorry we lost him so soon.

I started out making a list of my favorite top ten JT songs, but ten was too hard to do so I've made it my favorite top 20! They aren't listed in any kind of order but the first five are the ones I adore.
1. Just Because
2. Doing My Own Thing
3. Doggin' Me Around
4. I Believe In You
5. Baby Sittin'
6. Aint That Loving You (For More Reasons Than One)
7. Standing In For Jody
8. Try Me Tonight
9. We're Getting Careless With Our Love
10. Body Rock
11. Ease Back Out
12. I've Got To Love Somebody's Baby
13. Love Bones
14. If I Lose Your Love
15. If You Take Your Love Away
16. Too Wise To Be Your Fool
18. I Reach For You
19. Hijackin Love
20. Running Out of Lies
Bonus: Soul Heaven

I could have listed so many more - it was hard to stop. Email me your favorites - southernsoulparadise@hotmail.com!

Have a beautiful and blessed southern soul Christmas!!
Southern Soul Paradise