March is here and spring is just around the corner. Can you feel it? We've managed to make it through the snow and hard-core winter from just a few weeks ago. Life is good.
What are your plans for the spring? Are you cleaning house and maybe even cleaning up your life? I like making "To Do" lists and put down those main things I want to accomplish within a certain time period. For instance, organizing the clothes in my room is at the top of the list...it's always at the top of the list. :) What's at the top of your list???
Here are my five songs for the month of March. It gets harder and harder each month to keep the list to five; I may have to expand it to ten songs one day.
1. Running Out of Lies - Willie Clayton has a really nice version of this song, but I have to tell you, I love Johnnie Taylor's version.
2. Why Me - Reggie P - This is a good finger poppin' song.
3. I Can't Choose - OB Buchana - This isn't a new song but one that I've always liked.
4. Think About You All The Time - Ronnie Lovejoy - This is my ABSOLUTE favorite Ronnie Lovejoy song, I love it. Please find it and listen to it. The man runs into his old girlfriend at the store and she asks him if he ever thinks about her. He says he thinks about her Sunday through Sunday; he thinks about her all the time. I know I'm not doing this song justice so listen for yourself and sit back and enjoy this beautiful love song.
5. Two Different People - J Blackfoot - you know him from the Soul Children. This is a nice ballad.
Bonus Song - I'd Rather Be Blind, Crippled, and Crazy - O.V. Wright - Somewhere pushing up daisies... This is a song from way back in the day but it's timeless.
This second bonus is really a repeat from the January list: You're So Freak by David Brinston. Thank you Val for this!!! For those of you with sensitive ears, tune out the words and enjoy the beat. This is really a fantastic get-up-and-move song.
A special happy birthday this month to my sister Debra, my nephew Jermaine, and my oldest son, Dorian!
Have a great March and I'll see you next time around.