Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi, I just wanted to take a moment and wish all of you a very happy Valentine's Day!

I have a perfect southern soul song of the day for you. Have you heard "Carried Away" by Tyrone Davis??? Try to put your hands on it or ask your favorite dee jay to play it for you. Tyrone was so in love with this girl that as he was driving home, he got carried away and lost track of where he was. Is that love or what? He said, "...Thinking about the time you were so good to me...before I knew it, I was ten miles out of the way...to 94, said the highway sign..." On one of my driving trips from Alabama to Maryland, I played this song from Montgomery to the other side of Atlanta. My sons were asleep - for awhile - and although they got tired of hearing it, they can sing it to this day!!!

Again, happy Valentine's Day. Stay tuned for my songs of the month - coming in a couple of weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments...what are your thoughts??